The name of the book: The Nancy Drew files.
Author: Carolyn Keene.
Setting: the whole incident takes place at Cloud Nine health- spa. It was placed on a beautiful private island at the Caribbean. Nancy Drew was sent by Martika Sawyer to investigate who wants to kill her.
Nancy and her two best friends finds out some amazing abidance that turns to be a big scheme in the end. A murder takes place between celebrities and other well known people. The beautiful heaven turns to be a living hell.
2. 1. Who are the main suspects through the whole story?
2. Describe one of those characters
3. Who is Maura McDaniel’s and why is she murdered?
4. Why Kurt is concluded as a suspect?
5. What Derek, Martika’s brother is doing on his free time?
3. 1. The main suspects:
Christina Adams- the health spa queen and Martika’s
Kurt Yeager- world famous athlete and Martika’s
former Fiancé. Might be still angry about the breakup.
Derek Sawyer- he’s a notorious gambler who’s deep in
debt. Steals from his sister and might wants to take control on Cloud Nine.
2. Kurt Yeager- a former world known athlete and a famous actor. He is very aggressive and works at Cloud Nine as a sports trainer. He’s got big muscles a beautiful structured body.
3. Maura McDaniel’s is allegedly a winner in a contest who comes to Cloud Nine as guest. After a long investigation Nancy finds out that Maura is a cousin of Derek and Martika and that she owns a lot of fortune that she inherited from her father but she doesn’t know that Martika is her cousin and that she wants to put her hands on her money. Martika plans a perfect scheme: she makes Maura a special looks treatment and makes Maura look like a copy of her. Then, she shoot Maura and it seem like someone was trying to shoot Martika but he got confused and shot the wrong person.
4. Kurt and Martika had a long past together, they even almost got married but Martika couldn’t stand his temper when the movie he was in wasn’t so successful. Martika got threatening notes saying that if she won’t close Cloud Nine she will be dead. In the notes there were some spelling mistakes and Kurt had the same problem so he was considered as a suspect because of his violent temper and his spelling mistakes that caused Nancy to think it might be him.
5. Derek, Martika’s brother, is a heavy addicted gambler who’s deep in debt and steals from his sister to pay for his lost. When he’s not at work, he is probably loosing money at gambling.
4. 1. Write your opinion about the interest the book caused
2. If you could change the end of the story, what would you change?
5. 1. All along the book I couldn’t stop because it was thrilling and mostly interesting. Things were just getting complicated all the time and the story took me away to a beautiful island. I was seeing all of the story clearly in my mind, must be because of the great writing that made me live through the characters.
2. If I could change the story I would make Maura, the innocent young inheritor a murderer that tries to kill Martika but no one is paying attention to her because no one knows she is her cousin. She plays the innocent no-one who came to get more self confidence but appears to be a cold heart murderer. At the end of the story she tries to kill Martika but kills Christina Adams who wore the same dress that day